Monday, November 10, 2014

Morning Ride



This painting has a cute story behind it. I have a friend named Joe who owns this pretty palomino mare. I asked Joe if I could come by to see his horse and would he mind if I took some photos. His response was, "I ain't doin' no posin'." But when I showed up, he and his horse were all decked out in Western garb including an antique rifle. I must have taken 100 photos. This is my first attempt to turn them into paintings. Horses were my first love as a child. I owned four of them and did just about every form of riding you can think of. So it was fun to pull those memories out of my brain as I worked on this painting. This is an 8 x 10 inch framed oil (framed as shown) and is available at the John Deaux Gallery in Pueblo, CO for $250. Contact the gallery or me if you are interested in owning this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment